Our wrist holds the strongest bonds of our life- the bond between sister and brother, the bond between friends, and the bond between us and the Almighty!
We tie a rakhi (the thread that connects sister and brother), friendship band (the thread that connects two friends) on our wrist only, right?
So, doesn't our wrist hold and takes care of the strongest bonds?
Our wrist not only ensures that we stay connected with our friends and close ones, but it also ensures that we stay connected with time!
Where do you wear your watch, on your wrist right?
The wrist is what keeps our hands moving, our lives moving!
But what if there is a pain in our wrist?
We won't be able to move our hands properly! Our lives would come to a standstill as we wouldn't be able to carry out our daily tasks and work!
But don't worry! There is a solution to every problem. One can treat wrist pain by visiting the top orthopaedic clinic in Bhubaneswar.
There are effective solutions in Bhubaneswar to treat wrist pain! But before we discuss the solutions and treatment options available in Bhubaneswar to treat wrist pain, first let us understand the causes and symptoms of wrist pain.
What are the causes of wrist pain?
The common condition that leads to wrist pain are as follows-
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: The median nerve is an important nerve in the forearm. People having carpel tunnel syndrome have compressed median nerves. They experience severe pain in the wrist. Diabetic patients, pregnant women, obese people, etc. are at a greater risk of developing this condition.
- Injured wrist: Wrist injuries such as broken bones and sprains also lead to wrist pain. A wrist injury can also lead to bruises and swelling of joints.
- Gout: excess uric acid leads to a condition called gout. When surplus uric acid gets accumulated in the joints, it causes pain in the wrist and knees. People consuming excess alcohol or suffering from health conditions such as diabetes are at a higher risk of developing gout.
- Arthritis: Arthritis causes inflammation of joints. It leads to pain and swelling in joints. Older people are at a higher risk of developing arthritis. There are different types of arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, etc.
What are the symptoms of wrist pain?
The common symptoms of wrist pain are as follows-
- Swelling in fingers
- Hands become numb
- Sudden hand pain
- The area around the wrist appears red and swollen
- Trouble holding objects
Are you experiencing any of the above symptoms?
Then visit an orthopaedic specialist in Bhubaneswar immediately!
What are the treatment options available in Bhubaneswar to treat wrist pain?
The treatment for wrist pain depends on the cause of wrist pain. So, knowing the cause is the first step to treatment. The cause is the path that leads us to the solution of wrist pain!
So, if the cause of your wrist pain is carpal tunnel syndrome, then treating carpal tunnel syndrome is the solution! Yes, treating the cause treats the problem! One can treat carpal tunnel syndrome in the following ways-
- By wearing a splint to decrease pain and swelling in the wrist
- One can also apply cold or hot compresses for around 10-20 minutes at a time
- Medications can also treat carpal tunnel syndrome
- If the condition is severe, then surgery is recommended.
In the same way, if the cause of wrist pain is gout then one can treat wrist pain by treating gout. Gout can be treated in the following ways-
- By taking certain medications that help reduce uric acid
- By staying hydrated
- By avoiding fatty and oily foods
- By avoiding heavy consumption of alcohol
If wrist injury is the cause of wrist pain, then one can treat their wrist pain by treating their wrist injury using the following techniques-
- By wearing a splint on the wrist
- Applying ice on the injured area to decrease pain and swelling
- Taking medicines that help relieve pain
- It is also advisable to keep your wrist elevated
Wrist pain is very terrible. Are you going through that terrible pain?
Don't worry! You can relieve yourself from your terrible wrist pain by getting treatment from an experienced and famous orthopaedic doctor in Bhubaneswar.
So, what are you waiting for?
It is now time to replace pain with happiness!
It is now time to make your hands do what they are meant to do- move!
It is now time to make your life moving!
It is now time to get treatment for your wrist pain from the best orthopaedic specialist in Bhubaneswar!
So, book your appointment now!